Under the Go Green programme, AKGIM has plans to run short term modules on Energy Conservation and Audit with the technical support of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA), a Govt of India Undertaking. It helps prepare interested candidates for Energy Audit Tests. Short run workshops are conducted for the industries and professionals.
Programme on Energy Conservation and Audit
Energy Conservation and management has become one of the biggest challenges in present days , with this all the stakeholders of Businesses are coming together. In the same line AKGIM has taken initiative to run short term programmes on Energy Conservation and Audit with the technical support of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA), a Govt of India Undertaking.
The programme focuses on creating awareness about Global warming, Energy Conservation among youth, industry and other stakeholders and it also helps prepare interested candidates for Energy Audit Tests. Short run workshops are conducted for the industries and professionals.
Students Visit to PCRA
Students of first year PGDM, visited the Northern Region Headquarter of Petroleum Conservation & Research Association (PCRA), New Delhi on 24th NOV, 2010. It was a great learning experience for all students as they become well versed with the burning issue like global warming, energy audit, carbon credit, energy conservation and the initiative taken by PCRA in this direction.
Mr. V. K. Srivastava, Director PCRA and Mr. Medhi Additional Director, PCRA also addresses the students. A quiz is also conducted by PCRA on that day in which 5 students won the prize. It was established in 1976 by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- To formulate strategies and promote measures for accelerating conservation of petroleum products leading to environment protection, energy security and sustainable development.
- To create awareness among masses about the importance, benefits and methods of conserving petroleum products & clean environment by enhancing information and capacity building.
- To promote research, development and deployment efforts aimed at petroleum conservation & environment protection, support & facilitate efforts for adoption and dissemination of fuel efficient technologies and substitution of petroleum products with alternate fuels and renewable.
- To establish synergistic institutional linkages at the national & international levels in the areas of petroleum conservation & environment protection.
- To provide training and technical advisory services, designed to achieve economy & efficiency in use of petroleum products for cleaner environment.
- To function as a Think Tank to the Govt. of India for proposing policies and strategies on petroleum conservation and environment protection aimed at reducing excessive dependence on oil.